HR manager – Ukraine, Kyiv
HIA, founded in 1991, is one of the largest, internationally recognized charity organizations in Hungary. We are community of professionals, volunteers, donors and responsible corporate partners to help the needy and people in trouble. HIA provides assistance to those in need in Hungary, in the Carpathian Basin and in many countries around the world regardless of nationality, religion or world view, meeting the highest professional and transparency requirements. HIA has been present in Ukraine since 1993, primarily in the Transcarpathian region (Zakarpatska Oblast) but it also implemented humanitarian and development programs in other parts of the country.
HIA is seeking a HR Manager for our operations in Ukraine. The position is Kyiv based. The HR Manager will manage, develop and administer policies and programs covering several of the following: recruitment, wage and salary administration, training, employee relations, and benefits. S/he will prepare recommendations to top management concerning human resource policies and practices, and will work closely with line and staff management to develop human resource plans and strategies to meet organizational requirements. In this role, s/he will ensure that program policies and practices comply with applicable laws and regulations. Additionally, s/he is responsible for employment, training, motivation, and evaluation of assigned employees.
REPORTING & SUPERVISION
The HR Manager will report to the Head of Operations.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop and implement policies regarding human resources activities, such as recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, employee relations, and performance management.
- Process, verify, and maintain documentation relating to personnel activities, such as recruitment, training, grievances, performance evaluations, and classifications.
- Interpret and provide guidance and instruction to subordinates/peers on HR processes, policies, workflow and work unit priorities.
- Develop professional HR substantive expertise through continuous learning activities such as attending academic courses, seminars, workshops, reading professional research journals or conducting research to support program development.
- Study and analyze positions and prepare position descriptions based on job responsibility questionnaires and personal interviews; evaluate positions using established evaluation systems, determine grades and prepare records as to the validity of the evaluations.
- Record and track data from position descriptions and job salary evaluations to ensure consistency and accountability.
- Identify staff vacancies and recruit, interview, conduct candidate reference and work history authentication along with background checks and select applicants.
- Provide employees with information about policies, job duties, working conditions, wages and opportunities for promotion and employee benefits.
- Administer compensation, benefits and performance management systems and safety and recreation programs.
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward organizational objectives, which includes planning and managing the onboarding process and training for all new hires. Analyze training needs to design employee development, language training and health and safety programs.
- Serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering contracts, and helping to resolve work-related problems.
- Conduct exit interviews to identify reasons for employee termination.
- When needed, contract with vendors to provide employee services such as background verification, health and life insurance, and transportation.
- Assist supervisors and staff with understanding and using the Performance Evaluation System.
- Provide oversight to the work performed by the HR Officers and ensure their duties are carried out in a timely and efficient manner.
- Mediate conflict, grievances, and harassment cases.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Degree in human resources, management, business administration, or related field is required
- At least 3 years of general experience with at least 2 years of HR experience in a high volume, complex environment is required.
- Experience working with NGOs will be added advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to solve challenging and complicated administrative issues.
- Experience with budgeting and cost analysis.
- Strong organization and communication skills.
- Experience in sourcing, recruiting, and interviewing professional and management candidates is required.
- Certification in human resources (PHR, SPHR, GPHR) is considered a plus.
- Experience in developing and implementing programs across complex organizations with software and systems related to sourcing and management of candidates is required
- Good communication and interpersonal skills is required.
- Considerable knowledge of employment law is a plus.
- Proficiency at using Microsoft office software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc. is required.
- Excellent record keeping and documentation skills are required
- Experience of working in a conflict environment is a plus.
- Fluency in oral and written English and Ukrainian is required.
- Fluency in Hungarian is a plus
This position description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of the position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed appropriate and necessary.
How to apply:
Please send your CV and Motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org email address with reference: HR Manager Kiyiv